GOD’S TREES ARE SPEAKING! ARE YOU LISTENING?
Did you know God is speaking through His trees? (Yes He is!) Can you name at least two different ways He
is speaking through them? The Bible says “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof; the world and all
they that dwell therein,” Psalm 24:1. This includes the trees, they are His.
- His trees declare His glory – Psalm 19:1 tells us “The heavens declare the glory of God.” I say, so do
the tree-covered hills, especially during the Fall season when many trees turn such beautiful colors,
during the changing of the seasons. Take time during the Fall season to listen to God speak to you.
See His glory (beauty). Say, “Wow”.
- His trees tell us something of His Program – The Lord Jesus told many parables. One was about
His trees. He said, “Behold (listen to) the Fig tree and all the trees; when they bud and leaf out, you see
and know that Summer is near. So likewise, when you see these things happening, you know that the
Kingdom of God is near”, (Luke 21: 29-31, Matt. 24:32,33). He is speaking about His program for
the future. The Context for His teaching here, on the Mount of Olives, two days before His death, was
about signs happening at the end of the Age and the beginning of the Kingdom of God on earth.
?? What are “these things” ?? Read Luke 21:5-31 & Matt. 24:3-41. Make a list of the “these things”
He names. Are any or all of these things happening today?
?? What is the Kingdom of God ?? = It is when the Lord Jesus comes to earth to conquer and reign as
King of the world. Look at these references – Zech. 14:9, Isaiah 11, Psalm 110:1,2 & Rev. 19:11 & ff.
(Many other verses teach about the Kingdom also.)LIFE APPLICATION FOR YOU – YOUR PREPARATION. He said, “BE READY”!!! How?
1. Be Saved – Have you trusted Jesus Christ as your Savior? Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9-13
/Yes or No/
2. Be Watching – (expecting His coming) Matt. 24:42, I Pet. 4:7
3. Be Working – obeying the Word, serving the Lord, encouraging others, witnessing to unsaved people,
confessing & forsaking sin (Prov. 28:13), ***Luke 21:28-34***
God’s trees are speaking! Are YOU listening? Have your ears “on”! Are You ready??
(DRA John 3:16)