TEXT: Ephesians 4:25-32 (Read it)
* (This sheet should be Studied and Reviewed often; not a quick read)
1. Be HONEST at all times, speaking the truth in love to everyone. (vs. 25, 15a)
* Before speaking ask your self – Is this that I’m about to say true, honest, NECESSARY? Prov. 4:26
2. Be Prompt in dealing Biblically with (talking about & working out) disagreements, problems and/or
hard feelings with other people. (vs. 26, 27)
a) Offended to Offender – Matt. 18:15
b) Offender to the one offended – Matt. 5:23, 24
c) Observer to one over taken in a fault – Gal. 6:1
(Apologize and/or forgive or be a mediator as the situation requires it)
3. Be Constructive with your words and building up others, NOT Destructive, tearing down others with your words. (vs. 29)
(Make this a daily practice, everyone needs a good word of commendation) Prov. 12:25, 15:23, 16:24, Eccl. 10:12, Col. 4:6
4. Be Actively showing love, kindness and forgiveness to all others, not Re-acting by showing bitterness, anger and/or ill will toward others. (week-days & week-ends) (vs. 31, 32) John 13:34, 35
PRAY FIRST – (FOR THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY), THEN SPEAK OR BE QUIET. – James 1:5, I Thess. 5:17
REMEMBER – The Lord is actively listening to every word you say. Prov. 5:21 (You are accountable to God for your words) – Matt. 12:34-37
SEARCH – for what else the Bible says about using your tongue (numerous references) Example refs. – Prov. 10:19, 18:21, James 3:1-12\make a list/
??? What should you do when you disobey any of these Rules? Consider your ways, Confess to God, Forsake (stop committing the sin)
Haggai 1:5, I John 1:9, Prov. 28:13
??? How different would our home, workplace, church, government or school be if just people, claiming to be Christians, diligently obeyed God’s Rules of communication. !!! YOU can make a Difference wherever you are (DO IT – Communicate God’s way) – Heb. 13: 5, 6
a. It is sin to know these rules and not to follow them (Jas. 4:17).
b. God gave us these rules to obey for our good always (Deut. 6:24);
so not to daily obey them will hurt others and us.
c. Many others probably will not know or obey these rules. Still it is your duty!
??? ARE YOU OBEYING GOD’S RULES OF COMMUNICATION???
Yes _____ No _____ Sometimes _____